I've set out to watch every movie on IMDb's Top 250 list, hopefully within a year. As I go along, I also thought to write a small review of each movie.

Currently on #245

Sunday, July 18, 2010

#244 Shaun of the Dead

Due to Ikuru being almost unbearable, I have skipped it for now, but I'm slowly working through it. In the meantime, I have moved on.

Shaun of the Dead was a hilarious, entertaining comedy. After Shaun (Simon Pegg), a man who hasn't been able to turn around his boring life, gets dumped by his girlfriend, Liz (Kate Ashfield), a zombie uprising begins in their town. Together with their dopey friends, they have to survive and try to escape from the zombies.

This classic and original zombie film was a great one to watch. While there is a serious underlying plot of love, there is enough comedy to keep you laughing the whole way through. The zombie action was great and the side plots were well written. I really have no complaints about the movie. Of course, it was not intended to be some amazing, impacting masterpiece of course.

I give Shaun of the Dead an 8/10 for classic laughs.

2 comments:

  1. Ikuru is one of the best movies ever. It may be slow, but don't make that an excuse to not watch it. I guarantee you will not regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job so far, keep writing reviews!

    ReplyDelete