I've set out to watch every movie on IMDb's Top 250 list, hopefully within a year. As I go along, I also thought to write a small review of each movie.

Currently on #245

Sunday, July 18, 2010

#242 Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

I certainly was afraid after this movie, just not of Virginia Woolf.

When an argumentative couple, George (Richard Burton) and Martha (Elizabeth Taylor) have company over late at night, things quickly go south. As everyone gets drunker and drunker, George and Martha continue to tear each other apart psychologically at the expense of each other and their young guests, revealing a deep secret by the end.

I really did not like this movie until about the last 15 min when the characters drop a bombshell plot twist. The entire movie is one large, well scripted and wonderfully acted drunken argument. There were times when it got old, but the end made it worth it.

I give Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? a 6.5/10. It could have been much better with some more variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment